Sunday, April 22, 2012

Crowdsourcing Contributions

Collected Visions

click

At first I wasn't aware of what a photo essay was, so I went to the site's archive and started to browse around, clicking on whatever looked interesting. I found this link and realized that these photo essays have the potential to be truly moving. I wanted to something less sentimental and more artistic and personal, so I thought about possibilities and realized that I had the perfect essay topic. Reno Clouds. I have been taking pictures of beautiful Nevada cloudscapes for years, and had quite a few. After narrowing it down to the following 3 images, I wrote an accompanying passage about what the cloudscapes mean to me.

This is a sample of the beautiful Reno, Nevada skies. These cloudscapes occur every so often in the Biggest Little City and they are a great source of creative inspiration.

Young Me/Now Me

click

The concept behind this website was not so hard to figure out. I chose to submit my pictures because this seemed like a fun way to show the effects of time. After clicking through quite a few of other people's contributions, the ideas were flowing and I went through some old photo albums to find a good starting photo.


Dear Photograph

click

This is possibly my favorite of all the crowd-sourcing projects we had to choose from. The idea of speaking directly to an old photograph and expressing whatever it is that the photograph brings up makes for an interesting dynamic. That is evident when you scroll through the posted contributions to the website.

Dear Photograph:
Here's to making a pile of wood a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment